Program Code 59598 and 62139 – Intensive
Innovations Academy provides a comprehensive learning and vocational program for students who live within our surrounding communities. We serve students in grades 9 through 12+ who have the following disabilities:
- Emotional Disabilities
- Intellectual Disabilities
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Specific Learning Disabilities
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Other Health Impairment
- Multiple Disabilities
Our 9th through12th+ grade program has six classrooms with a ratios varying from 5:1 to 10:2 based on classroom size, student need and acuity. The program has the capacity to serve 53 students. We provide the following services:
- Individual and Group Counseling
- Physical Education
- Visual Arts Education
- Art Therapy
- Music Education
- Music Therapy
- Special Recreational Sports League
- Psycho-educational and Recreational Groups
- Speech-Language Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Transitional and Vocational training / skill development
- Job training leading to off campus community job opportunities
Our Transition and Vocational Program offers:
- Kuder Career Assessment and Curriculum
- Transition Planning as part of the Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
- On-campus, pre-vocational training jobs with transition to community employment
- Off campus job shadowing, volunteering opportunities and community service opportunities
- Linkages to adult and community based services and resources
- On – going vocational education binder displaying of evidence from pre-vocational, vocational, and transitional programming.
- Life, Social and Transitional education.
- Snack Shop and Food Service Program.
- Outings to job sites, partnerships with sheltered workshops and other community locations, assistance in transitions to post –secondary learning experiences.
Intensive Programming / 1:1 services
For students in need of additional support such as one-on-one paraprofessional, Innovations Academy can provide these services that are documented within the student’s Individual Educational Plan (IEP). The IEP will reflect the need for this type of service delivery model. Such services can be identified by a home school district during the intake process for a newly placed student or presented to the home school district by the Innovations Academy academic team for a currently enrolled student. Final approval of the intensive programming will be agreed upon and maintained by the following:
- The agreement of the defined need for additional support must be an IEP Team decision. The defined need will be provided with supportive data provided by either the home school district through the comprehensive case evaluation or by Innovations Academy through collected scanner data, crisis documentation and/or documented observational data from Innovation staff.
- Support clearly defined within the IEP in regards to amount of time for the identified support, reason for the identified support, and goals towards the reduction of the identified support.
- Support provided will be monitored through the continuous data collection through scanner data, crisis documentation and/or documented observational data from Innovation staff including any identified 1:1 provided as part of the support.
- The provided support will be reviewed monthly by the Innovations Academy principal and the home school district outplacement contact for effectiveness and assessment of continuing need. In the event that the Innovations Academy team has identified the need for a reduction or full removal of the provided support, a full IEP Team meeting including district and parent or guardian representation will be requested. Supporting data will be provided at this time to show the movement towards the identified goals related to the provided supports, identify the timeline for any support changes or reductions, and complete an addendum to the student’s IEP.
- If full reduction of the supports is agreed upon, Innovations Academy will request a new placement contract identifying the basic Innovations Academy programming for further school services.
Download our enrollment forms below:
High School Vocational Education Program